For a little bit of a savory touch, this recipe adds cream cheese from goat to the mix. You can probably follow the basic recipe and simply replace the milk with equal amounts of goat cream cheese. However I modified it slightly as follows, which worked nicely.
- Preheat oven to 130C (260F).
- Mix 200ml (1 cup) of milk and cream, bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, whisk together four eggs, 200ml (1 cup) of sugar and two tablespoons of goat cream cheese until smooth.
- Pour egg mixture into cream mixture (remove from heat), stir well, pour everything into 6 ramekins, place in oven for about 25 minutes (remove when setting).
- Cool in fridge for 4 hours, remove, caramelize a teaspoon of sugar on each using a kitchen torch (or top heat in the oven)